- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 pound pancetta, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red-pepper flakes
- 1 pound broccoli rabe, tough ends removed, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound linguine
How to make this recipe
- Heat the oven to 350°. Toast the pine nuts in the oven until they are golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, cook the pancetta with the oil over moderate heat until beginning to crisp. Add the garlic and red-pepper flakes and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the broccoli rabe until almost done, about 3 minutes. Drain. Add the broccoli rabe to the frying pan along with the salt and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the linguine until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain and toss with the broccoli rabe and pine nuts.
A crisp white wine is the best idea for this dish as it will cut through the salt of the meat and the richness of the nuts. Choose a Chenin-Blanc-based wine from the Loire Valley in France such as a Savennières or Anjou. Make sure it is dry (not demi-sec).