Lime-Marinated Chicken Tacos with Grilled Scallions and Crema
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 8 small tacos
When grilled, scallions become sweet and silky, making these fast chicken tacos taste deliciously complex.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- Sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast cutlets
- 4 scallions, halved lengthwise
- Eight 6-inch corn tortillas
- In a small food processor, puree the sour cream with the garlic, cilantro and the juice of 1 lime. Season with salt.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the remaining lime juice with the cumin, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of salt. Add the chicken and turn to coat with the marinade. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, light a grill or preheat a grill pan and brush the grates with oil. Grill the scallions over high heat, turning frequently, until wilted and lightly charred, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill, turning once, until lightly charred on the outside and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let cool for 5 minutes, then thinly slice.
- Grill the tortillas in a single layer, turning once, until soft and pliable, about 30 seconds. Spread the tortillas with crema and top with the scallions and chicken. Serve right away.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.