© Maura McEvoy
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 drink
At the cozy Café Brújula, writers sit with their laptops and artists gather over drinks, such as this zingy blender-whirred frappé—a cold and frothy cucumber concoction.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus 1 lime wedge for garnish
- One 2-inch piece of seedless cucumber, peeled halfway and coarsely chopped
- 4 ice cubes
- In a microwave-safe cup, combine the sugar with the 2 tablespoons of water and microwave at high power for 15 seconds, until the sugar is dissolved; let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the sugar syrup with the lime juice, chopped cucumber, ice cubes and the remaining 1/2 cup of water; puree until frothy. Pour the frappé into a tall glass, garnish with the lime wedge and serve immediately.