- One 16-ounce package lima beans, thawed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, or more if needed
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium lemon, zested, plus 1 tablespoon of juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Slices of toast or grilled bread
- Two medium tomatoes, sliced
How to make this recipe
Boil the lima beans for about 20 minutes to soften them more. Drain the lima beans and allow them to cool.
In blender, add olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Blend till ingredients are combined. Add the lima beans and slowly blend until smooth. The hummus will be thick, so you’ll have to turn off the blender, stir the hummus, maybe add some additional olive oil, and then blend again. Repeat this process until the hummus is smooth.
Spread the hummus on toast and top with slices of tomato. Season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper if needed.