- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- One 10-ounce package frozen lima beans
- 2 tablespoons each finely chopped parsley and chives
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped tarragon
- 1 dried chile de árbol, finely chopped with seeds or 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Sixteen 1/2-inch-thick slices of baguette, toasted
How to make this recipe
In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta with the lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
In a medium saucepan of salted boiling water, blanch the lima beans until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and cool under running water, then slip off the skins and transfer to a medium bowl. Add the parsley, chives, tarragon, chile and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Spread the ricotta mixture on the crostini, spoon the lima bean salad on top and serve.