- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as canola or corn
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Softened butter and jam or preserves, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Pour 1 teaspoon of the vegetable oil into each cup of a 6-cup popover pan. Set the popover pan in the fully preheated oven.
- In a blender, combine the eggs with the whole milk and blend at medium speed until well mixed. Add the pinch of salt and the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and blend at medium speed just until combined. Add the flour and blend at medium speed until the batter is completely smooth.
- Pour the batter into the hot popover pan, filling each cup about halfway up the side. Bake the popovers in the center of the oven for about 15 minutes, or until they're nicely risen. Reduce the oven temperature to 350° and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until the popovers are golden brown and nicely puffed. Transfer the popovers to a cloth napkinlined basket and serve right away with butter and jam or preserves.
The popover batter can be prepared earlier in the day and refrigerated. Let the batter stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, then stir it well before filling the popover pan.