- 1/2 pound pearl onions, root ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound assorted tender lettuces, such as oak leaf and Boston, torn into bite-size pieces (12 cups)
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
How to make this recipe
- In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the onions until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and let cool, then peel.
- In a bowl, mix the oil with the vinegar; season with salt and pepper. In a large salad bowl, toss the lettuces with the onions, chives, tarragon and basil. Add the vinaigrette, toss to coat and serve.