Lettuce and Fennel Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- SERVINGS: 4 TO 6
Fresh tangerine juice makes a lovely dressing for Edwin Goto's first-course salad from the The Lodge at Koele. You can add sections of the fruit, too.
- 1/4 cup fresh tangerine or orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large head of red oak leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 large bunch of arugula, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 small head of frisée, leaves torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 large fennel bulb—trimmed, halved, cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss the red oak leaf lettuce, arugula, frisée and fennel. Add the dressing and toss well. Serve at once.