- 1 1/2 cups French green lentils (12 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 packed cup baby spinach (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon crème fraîche
- 4 lightly packed cups mâche (2 ounces) or arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a large saucepan, cover the lentils with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Season with salt and simmer over moderate heat until tender, 40 minutes. Drain the lentils.
Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet. Add the red onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the lentils and the wine and simmer until the wine has been absorbed, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and stock and cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes. Stir in the crème fraîche. Add the mâche, parsley and cilantro and cook until barely wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.
One serving 291 cal, 44 gm carb, 5 gm fat, 1 gm sat fat, 18 gm protein,11 gm fiber.