- 1/2 cup brown lentils
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 pound cucumber—peeled, seeded and coarsely shredded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, cover the lentils with water and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the arugula and blanch for 30 seconds. Drain and rinse under cold water. Squeeze out excess water and transfer the arugula to a food processor. Add the parsley, tarragon and mint and process until finely chopped. Transfer the puree to a colander and squeeze out any excess liquid. Transfer the puree to a large bowl.
- Stir the yogurt, shredded cucumber and lentils into the arugula puree and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to small bowls and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.