- 1/2 cup brown lentils
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 pound cucumber—peeled, seeded and coarsely shredded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, cover the lentils with water and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the arugula and blanch for 30 seconds. Drain and rinse under cold water. Squeeze out excess water and transfer the arugula to a food processor. Add the parsley, tarragon and mint and process until finely chopped. Transfer the puree to a colander and squeeze out any excess liquid. Transfer the puree to a large bowl.
- Stir the yogurt, shredded cucumber and lentils into the arugula puree and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to small bowls and serve.
The dish can be refrigerated overnight.
One serving 124 cal, 20 gm carb, 1 gm fat, .3 gm sat fat, 10 gm protein, 9 gm fiber.