Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese, Pecans and Bacon
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 8
- 1 pound French green lentils (Le Puy), picked over and rinsed
- 2 ounces slab bacon
- 2 shallots1 halved, 1 minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- In a large saucepan, combine the lentils with the bacon, halved shallot and bay leaf. Add the water and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat until the lentils are tender, about 25 minutes. Drain, discarding the bay leaf, shallot and slab bacon. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375°. Spread the pecans in a pie plate and toast until fragrant, about 8 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil with the vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Add the lentils, pecans, minced shallot, celery and goat cheese and toss well. Serve right away.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.