- SERVINGS: MAKES 20 CRISPS
Lentil flour is available at Indian markets and some specialty stores. To make your own, finely grind 3/4 cup green lentils in a coffee mill or spice grinder.
- 3/4 cup lentil flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup semolina
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup warm water
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a bowl, combine the lentil and all-purpose flours with the semolina, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Add the water and mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a well-floured work surface and knead for 2 minutes. Form the dough into a disk and quarter it.
- Brush a baking sheet with olive oil. On a generously floured work surface, roll 1 piece of the dough into a 14-by-7 1/2-inch rectangle. With a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the dough into five14-inch-long strips. Transfer the strips to the baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and bake until browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining dough.
Make Ahead The crisps can be stored overnight in an airtight container and recrisped briefly in a 400° oven.