- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fruity extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Two 6-ounce cans olive oil—packed tuna, drained and broken into large chunks
- One 19-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 24 pitted Calamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups thickly sliced celery hearts and leaves
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained, or if packed in salt, rinsed
- 2 heaping tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar or 4 piquillo peppers from a jar
- Kosher salt
- 4 lemon slices, for garnish
How to make this recipe
Pour the lemon juice into a large bowl and slowly whisk in 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the tuna, cannellini beans, olives, sliced celery, capers, parsley, lemon zest and garlic and toss gently. Season with pepper, cover and set aside.
Halve the roasted red peppers lengthwise and arrange on plates, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Spoon the tuna salad over the peppers and drizzle with more olive oil. Garnish with the lemon slices and serve.
Crusty French bread.
For a wine, choose a lightly sparkling Vinho Verde from Portugal. It cuts through the saltiness of the olives and the capers and matches the refreshing lemon flavor.