- 4 1/4 ounces whole-wheat penne
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chile flakes
- 3 ounces smoked salmon (not lox), chopped
- One 7-ounce jar artichoke hearts, chopped (1 heaping cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces goat cheese (1/3 cup)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
Cook the whole-wheat pasta in boiling salted water, according to package directions.
In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook until it just begins to soften, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and chile flakes and cook for 1 minute.
Add the smoked salmon, artichoke hearts and pasta and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and goat cheese. Season generously to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.