Lemony Salt-Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
This lemon-scented herb salt makes a great seasoning for everything from roasted white fish to grilled chicken and pork to steamed vegetablesand of course, any kind of potato. Grinding the sage, rosemary and thyme into the salt, rather than just stirring it in, helps intensify and meld the flavors.
- 2 large sage leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 pounds fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a mini food processor, pulse the sage, rosemary and thyme until finely chopped. Add the lemon zest and pulse to blend. Add the salt and pulse until finely ground. Transfer the herb salt to a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the oil and butter and season with pepper. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on 2 large rimmed baking sheets and roast for 25 minutes. Season the potatoes generously with the herb salt, toss well and continue baking for 5 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and golden. Transfer to a bowl and serve hot or warm.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.