- 8 large red radishes or 1 large watermelon radish
- 1 small black radish
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cored
- 1 cup quinoa, preferably red, rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- Using a mandoline, thinly slice the radishes, carrot and fennel bulb. Transfer to a large bowl of ice water and refrigerate for about 1 hour, until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the quinoa and water to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Drain and dry the vegetables. In a bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice with the oil. Add the quinoa and toss; season with salt and pepper. Serve the quinoa in bowls, topped with the vegetables.
One Serving 251 cal, 37 gm carb, 10 gm fat, 1.5 gm sat fat, 7 gm protein, 5 gm fiber.
Bright, citrus-packed Sauvignon Blanc.