- 1 1/2 cups coarse bulgur
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound large cooked shrimp, shelled
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a bowl, cover the bulgur with warm tap water. Let stand until the grains are tender, about 2 hours. Drain the bulgur well.
- In a large bowl, whisk the lemon zest with the lemon juice and chopped dill. Whisk in the olive oil. Add the bulgur, shrimp, baby spinach, sliced radishes and pine nuts and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
The salad can be refrigerated for up to 1 day. Add the spinach, radishes and pine nuts just before serving.
Portugal's Vinho Verde is often overlooked in the United States, but it's one of the best wines for citrusy seafood dishes, like this bulgur and shrimp salad. Plus, even the best bottlings tend to be very affordable.