© James Baigrie
Lemony Broccoli Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Go-to Side Dish: This broccoli dish gets flavor from a knockout vinaigrette: olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest and shallot come together as a tangy, delicious dressing.
Slideshows: Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
- 1 large head of broccoli (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch florets, stems peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and stems and cook until bright green and just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse the broccoli under cold water until cooled; pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest and shallot and season with salt and pepper. Add the broccoli, toss to coat and serve.
Make AheadThe cooked and chilled broccoli can be refrigerated overnight. Toss the broccoli with the dressing just before serving.