Lemony Broccoli Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Go-to Side Dish: This broccoli dish gets flavor from a knockout vinaigrette: olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest and shallot come together as a tangy, delicious dressing.
- 1 large head of broccoli (1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch florets, stems peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and stems and cook until bright green and just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse the broccoli under cold water until cooled; pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest and shallot and season with salt and pepper. Add the broccoli, toss to coat and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.