Lemony Avocado and Celery Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 12
Avocados have become one of Chile's biggest exports. Chileans love them in salads or simply mashed with salt and spread on toast.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 heads of Bibb lettuce (1 1/2 pounds), leaves separated
- 6 celery ribs, peeled and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 4 avocados, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 2 medium red or green bell peppers, cut into thin sticks
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice and garlic and season with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss the lettuce with half of the dressing and mound the leaves on a platter. Add the celery, avocados, bell peppers and the remaining vinaigrette to the large bowl and toss to coat. Mound the vegetables on the lettuce and serve.