- 2 stalks of fresh lemongrass, the bottom 5 inches of the inner bulb only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium jalapeño, halved
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
How to make this recipe
In a food processor, combine the sliced lemongrass with the fresh ginger, garlic and halved jalapeño and pulse until finely chopped. Add the vegetable oil and process to a coarse paste. Add the cilantro leaves and process until fairly smooth. Season the wet rub generously with salt.
The rub can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Best Uses Try the lemongrass rub on tuna and other kinds of lean fish, or blend it with a little more vegetable oil and use as the base for chicken or vegetable stir-fries. You can also rub it onto chicken, seafood, pork and beef, or stir it into ground pork or turkey for meatballs, meat loaf or burgers.