- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Serve half of this chicken one night and save the rest for making Lemongrass Grilled Chicken and Rice Noodle Stir-Fry later in the week.
- 2 stalks of fresh lemongrass, tender inner bulb only, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves (about 6 ounces each), butterflied
- Steamed white rice, lime wedges and chopped cilantro, for serving
- In a mortar, pound the lemongrass with the ginger, jalapeños and garlic, then add the brown sugar and pound to a paste. Stir in the fish sauce and the 2 tablespoons of oil. Rub the paste all over the chicken and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 6 hours.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the chicken with oil and grill over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred outside and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve with rice, lime wedges and chopped cilantro.