- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 gram (1/4 teaspoon) xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground white pepper
- In a blender, mix the fresh lemon juice and cold water at low speed. With the blender on, add the xanthan gum and blend until the liquid is slightly thickened, about 15 seconds. Increase the blender speed to medium and slowly add the grapeseed oil, and then the extra-virgin olive oil, in a thin stream and blend until creamy. Season with salt and white pepper.
The vinaigrette can be refrigerated overnight; shake before using.
Lettuce or vegetable salads, such as a shaved fennel salad with seared octopus or poached shrimp.
Contributed By Photo © John Kernick Published July 2012