- 1 cup orzo
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Salt the water and add the orzo. Cook until barely al dente, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the orzo and return it to the saucepan. Add the stock, lemon zest, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the butter and Parmesan just before serving.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.