- 1 cup bulgur (about 6 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- Put the bulgur in a medium bowl and stir in the boiling water. Let stand for 15 minutes, then add the lemon juice. Cover and let plump overnight at room temperature. Stir in the red pepper, scallions, parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.
The tabbouleh can be refrigerated overnight. Let return to room temperature before serving.