- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
In a blender, combine the lemon zest and juice, shallots, mustard, vinegar and garlic and puree until smooth. With the machine on, slowly add the olive oil until emulsified. Pour the vinaigrette into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.