Lemon Sabayon with Strawberries
- SERVINGS: 4
This dessert is for people who like to finish a meal with something that's sweet but not heavy.
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped mint
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a bowl, toss the strawberries with 1 tablespoon of the sugar and the mint. Fill a large bowl halfway with ice cubes and water; set a medium bowl in the water.
- In a large stainless steel bowl, combine the lemon juice, egg yolks, Grand Marnier, vanilla and the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar. Set the bowl over a saucepan containing 1 1/2 inches of simmering water and whisk constantly until the egg mixture is light and thick enough to leave a ribbon trail when the whisk is lifted, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the sabayon into the medium bowl set in ice water and whisk until cool, about 5 minutes. Spoon the sabayon into parfait glasses and serve with the strawberries.