- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mild honey, such as clover, sage or star thistle
How to make this recipe
- In a blender, mix the ricotta, eggs, egg whites, flour, oil, lemon zest, salt and 2 teaspoons of the honey until smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick griddle over moderately low heat. Working in batches, pour 2 rounded tablespoons of the batter onto the griddle for each pancake, allowing enough room for them to spread slightly. Cook the pancakes until the bottoms are golden, the tops are slightly set and small bubbles appear, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until golden, about 1 minute longer. Transfer the pancakes to plates, drizzle with the remaining 4 teaspoons of honey and serve.
One Serving Calories 238 kcal, Total Fat 11 gm, Saturated Fat 4 gm