- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup skim milk
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh raspberries or blackberries, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray six 6-ounce ramekins with vegetable oil spray. In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar with the flour. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the butter until well blended. Whisk in the milk, lemon juice and lemon zest. Pour the lemon mixture into the sugar mixture and whisk until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites with the salt until firm peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the lemon mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared ramekins and transfer them to a small roasting pan. Place the pan in the oven and pour in enough hot water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake the pudding cakes for 35 minutes or until they are puffy and golden on top. Using tongs, transfer the ramekins to a rack to cool for 20 minutes. Serve the cakes in the ramekins or run a knife around the edge of each cake and unmold onto plates. Serve warm or at room temperature with the berries.
The lemon pudding cakes can be refrigerated for 2 days.
One Serving 170 cal, 6 gm fat, 2.9 gm sat fat, 27 gm carb, 0.2 gm fiber.