- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 1/2 DOZEN COOKIES
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender blossoms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, mix the sugar with the chopped lavender and grated lemon zest. Using a handheld electric mixer, beat in the butter at moderate speed. At low speed, beat in the flour and salt until a soft dough forms. Transfer the dough to a sheet of wax paper and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Form the dough into a 4-inch log and chill for at least 45 minutes longer.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Slice the shortbread dough into 1/4-inch-thick rounds and place the rounds on ungreased baking sheets. Freeze the rounds for 10 minutes.
- Bake the shortbread for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned. Transfer the baked shortbread to a wire rack to cool completely.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.