Lemon-Glazed Mini Pound Cakes
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 18 Mini Pound Cakes
These buttery individual pound citrus flavor from a double glazing of lemon syrup.
More French Desserts
- 3 large eggs
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 sticks (10 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray 18 muffin cups with cooking spray. In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the eggs at low speed until blended. Add 3 cups of the sugar, the melted butter, flour, baking powder and salt. Beat at medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Beat in the milk.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the batter into each prepared muffin cup. Bake for 25 minutes, until the pound cakes are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes, then turn the cakes out onto a rack to cool, 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, whisk the remaining 1 cup of sugar with the lemon juice and bring to a simmer over moderate heat, stirring, until thickened to a syrup, 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Brush the tops of the pound cakes with the lemon syrup. Let stand until the glaze has set, 10 minutes. Brush again with the remaining syrup, let set, then serve.
Sweet Vouvrays are among the great dessert wines in the world. Cavestève's wine director, Jérôme Moreau, is partial to those from Domaine Huet.