- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a small saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer the garlic to a work surface and finely chop. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in the crème fraîche, lemon zest and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
The garlic cream can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.