- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes about 1 cup
More Condiment Recipes
- 1 fennel bulb—halved, cored and very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted and thinly sliced lengthwise
- Fennel seeds, for garnish
- In a saucepan, bring the fennel, water and honey to a boil. Cover and cook over high heat, stirring a few times, until the fennel is crisp-tender, 2 minutes. With tongs, transfer the fennel to a bowl. Add the zest and juice to the saucepan and boil until syrupy, about 2 minutes. Pour the syrup over the fennel and toss. Let cool. Season lightly with salt.
- Before serving, fold in the dates. Sprinkle with a few fennel seeds and serve.