- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest (4 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lime zest (6 limes)
- 4 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces and softened
- In a food processor, combine the sugar with the lemon zest and lime zest. Pulse 10 times until the sugar becomes light green.
- In a medium heatproof bowl, whisk the eggs with the egg yolks, citrus sugar and orange and lime juices. Set the bowl over but not in a pan of simmering water and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and whisk in the butter, a few pieces at a time, until fully incorporated. Press the curd through a fine strainer set over a small bowl to remove any zest or scrambled egg. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly on the curd and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.