© Con Poulos
Lemon-Cranberry Pie Bars
- ACTIVE: 1 HR
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: One 9-by-13-inch pan
A beautiful alternative to the classic Thanksgiving pie, this sweet and tangy bar has a simple press-in crust and a lemon curd filling swirled with cranberry puree.
Slideshow: More Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Desserts
- 1 cup cranberries
- 2 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Baked Press-In Crust
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a saucepan, simmer the cranberries with 1/4 cup of the sugar, the cloves and water over moderately low heat until the berries pop and the liquid thickens, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Strain and press the puree through a fine sieve set over a bowl and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the remaining 2 1/2 cups of sugar with the eggs, egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice and flour.
- Mix 1 cup of the lemon filling into the cranberry puree; pour the rest of the lemon filling into the crust. Swirl in the cranberry-lemon mixture. Bake for 35 minutes, or until set. Transfer the pan to a rack; let cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve.
Make AheadThe bars can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Serve chilled or at room temperature.