Lemon-Coconut Tart with Passion Fruit Cream
- SERVINGS: MAKES TWO 10-INCH TARTS
This tart is extremely easy to make and superdelicious. The mascarpone-and-passion-fruit cream finishes it off perfectly.
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- Sweet Tart Shells
- 1/2 pound mascarpone (1 cup), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 2/3 cup fresh passion fruit pulp (from about 10 passion fruits), plus more for garnish (see Note)
- Preheat the oven to 325°. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the granulated sugar and lemon zest until combined. Whisk in the lemon juice and 2 cups of the heavy cream, then stir in the coconut. Pour the filling into the tart shells. Bake the tarts for about 50 minutes, or until the filling is just set and the tops are deep golden around the edges. Transfer to racks and let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the mascarpone with the remaining 1 cup of cream and the superfine sugar. Beat at medium speed just until the cream begins to thicken. Add the passion fruit pulp and beat until the cream is thick. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Cut the tarts into wedges and top with a dollop of the passion fruit cream. Spoon some passion fruit pulp over the cream and serve.
The exotic flavors of coconut and passion fruit pair beautifully with Seresin Moana.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.