- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
How to make this recipe
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the onions and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Add the chicken and stir occasionally for 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and peas and then continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned and cooked through.
- Stir in the lemon juice, brown sugar and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.
Steamed white rice.