- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
How to make this recipe
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the onions and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the onions are soft.
Add the chicken and stir occasionally for 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and peas and then continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned and cooked through.
Stir in the lemon juice, brown sugar and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.
Steamed white rice.