Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry with Kale
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Healthy kale, chicken breasts and bright lemon flavor combine to make a wonderful and fresh stir-fry, perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bunch kale, destemmed and chopped
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and then stir in the onions and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Add the chicken, stirring occasionally until the chicken is lightly browned and nearly cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the kale and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the kale is softened.
- Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, brown sugar and smoked paprika. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.