- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, plus more for seasoning
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cup chopped green beans
- Steamed rice, for serving
- 4 lemon wedges, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken stock, soy sauce, lemon juice, crushed red pepper, black pepper and cornstarch. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the chicken and stir-fry over moderately high heat until no longer pink and cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet. Add the onion and stir-fry for 3 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the bell peppers and green beans and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir the chicken stock mixture into the vegetables and cook until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken and cook until heated through, about 1 to 2 more minutes. Season with additional soy sauce if desired. Serve with rice and lemon wedges.