- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 1 bunch kale, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and garlic and cook until soft and translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and cooked chicken. Bring to a gentle boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in the kale and simmer for 5 minutes or until kale is tender.
Stir in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with cheese and serve hot.