- 1 pound medium beets—peeled, halved, and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In an 8-inch square nonreactive baking dish, toss the beets with the garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, oil, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper and spread the beets in a single layer. Spray an 8-inch piece of parchment paper lightly with olive oil cooking spray and set it oiled-side down on the beets. Cover tightly with foil and roast, shaking the pan occasionally, for about 40 minutes, until the beets are tender. Serve the beets warm or hot.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.