Leg of Lamb Kebabs with Pomegranate Glaze
- SERVINGS: 8
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 pounds boneless leg of lamb, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2 -inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 medium red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2 -inch squares
- 2 medium white onions, cut into 1 1/2 -inch squares
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses (see Note)
- 1 serrano or jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- Light a grill or preheat the broiler. In a shallow bowl, combine the garlic, salt, coriander, cardamom and paprika. Add the lamb and oil and coat the meat with the spice mixture. Thread the lamb, red peppers and onions onto metal skewers, alternating the meat and vegetables.
- In a small saucepan, melt the sugar over moderate heat until it caramelizes, about 4 minutes. Add the vinegar and boil for 1 minute. Add the chicken stock, pomegranate molasses and chile and boil until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 8 minutes. Stir in the dissolved arrowroot.
- Grill the kebabs over very high heat or broil, turning frequently, for 2 minutes. Move the kebabs to a cooler part of the grill or further from the broiler and brush them all over with the glaze. Grill or broil for about 8 minutes, turning once, until the meat is slightly pink inside. Arrange the kebabs on a platter and drizzle with the remaining glaze. Serve at once.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.