Lefty's Green Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
"Lefty" Orr, Daniel Orr's father, is the family salad maker and the person responsible for the kitchen garden, which always produces lots of herbs.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Pinch of five-spice powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound mixed baby greens
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup celery leaves
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chives (in 1-inch pieces)
- In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the vinegar, mustard, five-spice powder, shallot and garlic. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the baby greens, cilantro, celery leaves, parsley and chives and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.