- 18 small leeks, white and tender greentrimmed, split, soaked and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons truffle juice (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- One 2- to 3-ounce fresh black truffle
How to make this recipe
- In a steamer basket, steam the leeks over boiling water until tender, about 10 minutes; pat dry. Arrange the leeks on salad plates or a platter.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sherry vinegar with the truffle juice, balsamic vinegar, a pinch of sugar and a generous pinch each of salt and white pepper. Gradually whisk in the oils. Pour the vinaigrette over the leeks. Thinly shave the truffle over all and serve immediately.
The leeks can be steamed several hours ahead and kept covered at room temperature.
Fresh truffles and truffle juice are available at specialty food shops.