Leeks with Truffle Vinaigrette
- SERVINGS: 6
Leeks tend to be quite gritty and sandy. To clean them, split the green portions of the leeks lengthwise and soak in several changes of cold water, rinsing the leeks thoroughly between soakings.
To clean the truffle, scrape off any encrusted dirt, then clean with a vegetable brush. Wipe off any remaining dirt with a damp paper towel.
- 18 small leeks, white and tender greentrimmed, split, soaked and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons truffle juice (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- One 2- to 3-ounce fresh black truffle
- In a steamer basket, steam the leeks over boiling water until tender, about 10 minutes; pat dry. Arrange the leeks on salad plates or a platter.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sherry vinegar with the truffle juice, balsamic vinegar, a pinch of sugar and a generous pinch each of salt and white pepper. Gradually whisk in the oils. Pour the vinaigrette over the leeks. Thinly shave the truffle over all and serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.