- 4 medium leeks, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 ounce firm sheep's-milk cheese, such as Tomme de Brebis, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1 ounce firm sheep's-milk cheese, such as Tomme de Brebis, shaved with a vegetable peeler.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the leek halves and simmer over moderately high heat until tender, 10 minutes. Drain the leeks and pat dry.
- Spread the walnuts in a pie plate and bake for about 8 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool and coarsely chop.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil with the vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the leeks on a platter, cut sides up. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and garnish with the walnuts, chives and cheese. Serve.