- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 9 cups water
- 1 cup rice flour (see Note)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
How to make this recipe
- In a spice grinder, grind the caraway seeds to a coarse powder.
- Pour the water into a large saucepan. Whisk in the rice flour, sugar, ground caraway and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over moderate heat, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to moderately low and simmer, whisking often, until the pudding is very thick, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Meanwhile, place the walnuts, almonds and pine nuts in separate small bowls and cover with water. Let stand at room temperature overnight.
- To serve, spoon the pudding into bowls and sprinkle with the nuts. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve.
The pudding can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
rice flour is made from milled white rice and has the fine texture of cornstarch. It is available at major supermarkets and online at kalustyans.com.