Lazy Linguine with Cherry Tomatoes and Herbs
- SERVINGS: 6
During the long, hot days of August, Benedetta Vitali's family likes to sit at the lunch table for hours. In order to do this, each family member prepares something, like this linguine, that can be made ahead and served cold or at room temperature.
Plus: Pasta Recipes and Tips
- 1 pound dried linguine
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup roughly torn basil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped marjoram
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and cool under cold running water. Shake off any excess water and pat the linguine dry with paper towels.
- 2.In a large bowl, toss the cherry tomatoes with the garlic, basil, parsley, marjoram, jalapeño and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the pasta, toss well and serve.
A refreshing, fruity Tuscan white best complements this dish.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.