© Con Poulos
Layered Citrus Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
This elegant and refreshing dessert layers fresh citrus with toasted pistachios and mint.
Slideshow: Thanksgiving Fruit Desserts
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint and/or tarragon, plus more for garnish
- 3 Ruby Red grapefruits
- 4 oranges
- 6 tangerines or 3 tangerines and 3 blood oranges
- 1/2 cup toasted unsalted pistachios, chopped
- Sliced candied kumquats and fresh kumquats, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar and olive oil with the sugar, salt and the 1 tablespoon of chopped mint until the sugar is dissolved.
- Using a very sharp knife, peel all of the citrus fruits, being sure to remove any bitter white pith. Thinly slice the citrus crosswise and pick out and discard any pits. Layer the citrus on a platter or in glasses and drizzle evenly with the dressing. Garnish with the pistachios, kumquats and mint and serve.
Make AheadThe citrus salad can be refrigerated for up to 6 hours. Garnish just before serving.