Layered Chicken Salad with Coriander-Yogurt Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Taking a cue from French verrines, these portable, layered chicken salads could also be assembled in one big glass bowl.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 roasted red bell peppers from a jar, drained and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 pound mixed tomatoes, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 Hass avocados, diced
- One 3 1/2- to 4-pound rotisserie chicken, meat shredded (4 cups)
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil, tarragon and dill
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, dill, coriander and 3 tablespoons of water; whisk until smooth. Whisk in the oil in a steady stream. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Layer the remaining ingredients in 4 jars. Serve the salads with the yogurt dressing.
Lively, strawberry-inflected rosé.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.